My main research interests are:
- foundations of computer security
- formal methods
- quantitative information flow
- information theory, decision theory, and (a bit of) game theory
You can find more information in my short CV.
- Our book on Quantitative Information Flow is coming out soon! Contact me if you’re interested.
- The Festschrift in honor of Catuscia Palamidessi is out. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this event!
- I’m serving in the PC of the 20th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium and the Editorial Board of the Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies [PETS/PoPETS 2020].
- I’m serving in the PC of the 3rd World Congress on Formal Methods (23rd International Symposium on Formal Methods) [FM 2019]
- I’m serving as co-chair of the 13th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Programming Languages and Analysis for Security [PLAS 2018]. Submit a nice paper!
- I’m serving in the PC of the 19th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium and the Editorial Board of the Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies [PETS/PoPETS 2019].
- I’m serving in the PC of the 31st IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium [CSF 2018].
- I’m serving in the PC of the 15th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems [QEST 2018].
- I’m serving in the PC of the 13th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks with Applications [LSFA 2018].
- DCC 129 – Fundamentos de Teoria da Computação
- DCC 832 – Infomation Theory
- FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions about my didatic principles can be found here.
Media & supporting material (in Portuguese)
- Quando criptografia não garante segurança (When cryptography is not enough to ensure security)
Summer School in Computer Science, DCC-UFMG. [Talk – Part 1/2] [Talk – Part 2/2]
- Uma abordagem Bayesiana sobre o método científico e a navalha de Occam (A Bayesian interpretation of the scientific method and of Occam’s razor)
Summer School in Computer Science, DCC-UFMG. [Talk]
- O que é “teoria” em ciência da computação? (What’s “theory” in computer science?)
Introduction to Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, and Information Systems. [Slides]