My main research interests are:
- foundations of computer security and privacy
- quantitative information flow
- formal methods for responsible computing
- information theory, decision theory, and (a bit of) game theory
You can find more information in my short CV.
- Our book “The Science of Quantitative Information Flow” has been published!
- Our PhD. candidate Gabriel Henrique Nunes, in co-tutelle with Prof. Annabelle McIver from Macquarie University, is one of the recipients of the 9th Google Latin America Research Awards (2022) [details here], with the project “A QIF-Based Robust and Explainable Framework for Assessing Privacy Risks of Large Data Releases”.
- I’ll be co-chairing, with Catuscia Palamidessi, a Special Session on Quantitative Methods for Security, in honor of Geoffrey Smith, at the 36th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium [CSF 2023]. Submit a nice paper!
- I’ll be co-organizing, with Haniel Barbosa, the 17th International Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications [LSFA 2022]. Submit a nice paper!
- I’ll be serving in the PC of the 32nd USENIX Security Symposium [USENIX 2023].
- I’ll be serving in the PC of the 23rd Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium and the Editorial Board of the Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies [PETS/PoPETS 2023].
- I’ll be serving in the Formal Methods and Programming Languages track of PC of the 29th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security [CCS 2022].
- The Festschrift in honor of Catuscia Palamidessi is out. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this event!
Media & supporting material (in Portuguese)
- Quando criptografia não garante segurança (When cryptography is not enough to ensure security)
Summer School in Computer Science, DCC-UFMG. [Talk – Part 1/2] [Talk – Part 2/2]
- Uma abordagem Bayesiana sobre o método científico e a navalha de Occam (A Bayesian interpretation of the scientific method and of Occam’s razor)
Summer School in Computer Science, DCC-UFMG. [Talk]
- O que é “teoria” em ciência da computação? (What’s “theory” in computer science?)
Introduction to Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, and Information Systems. [Talk]